These are a chocolate lovers dream? These brownies are filled with brain-and-body healthy cacao, date paste "caramel", a drizzle of our Chocolate Maca spread for a happier mood boost, and chopped Remedy Bites Bars and cashew butter for added protein. Wow your friends & family...if there are any left over for them?
(makes 6 - 8 servings)
2 chia seed "eggs" (2 Tbsp ground chia seeds + 5 Tbsp warm water - let sit for 5 min)
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup cashew butter
3/4 tsp baking powder (aluminum free type)
1/2 cup LAB Cacao powder
1 cup organic almond flour
warm water to cover (not too much - just use to soften the dates)
tiny pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
CHOCOLATE TOPPING LAYER:
2 Remedy Bites Bars chopped into small chunks
2 Tbsp almond milk (or any plant based milk of your choice)
Chopped walnuts or pecans (optional topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add the chia eggs (make sure that they have sat for 5 min and are now a jelly-like consistency), coconut sugar, maple syrup and cashew butter. Mix well.
3. In a separate bowl mix the dry ingredients together - almond flour, baking powder and cacao powder until well blended.
4. Add these dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the larger mixing bowl. Mix well until all are evenly combined together.
5. Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan and evenly spread around the bottom of the pan with a spatula.
6. Bake in the oven for 17-22 minutes or until the brownies start to pull away from the edges of the pan. Be careful not to over bake the brownies - they will look softer but will harden more as they cool.
7. While the brownies are baking mix up the "caramel" layer by adding the dates, a little of the soaking water, tiny pinch of salt and vanilla in blender or food processor and mixing until smooth and creamy. Add a little water if you need and scrape down the blender often until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Set aside.
8. Next place the chocolate chunks in a small saucepan and add the plant milk. Melt, stirring consistently over low heat, until the mixture is creamy and smooth. Turn off the heat but leave the pan on the burner to keep it warm until you need to use it.
9. When the brownies are done baking, remove them from the oven. First drizzle the "caramel" sauce over the brownies. Next pour the chocolate sauce over them in a random pattern. Place the brownie pan in the refrigerator or freezer to cool and harden for 20-60 minutes (depending on how cool you want them to be - you can also make these a day ahead and cover and chill them until you need them).
10. Remove the pan and cut the brownies into bars or squares. Top with a sprinkle of walnuts and serve with vegan ice cream. Enjoy!