These cookies are easy to make, store well and taste like chocolate bliss! The are packed with cacao and cacao nibs - both which have high levels of magnesium, chromium, antioxidants and many more nutrients to boost your mood and energy. Perfect for the entire family as a lunch treat or after a day of work. You will be the favorite house on the block!
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 Tbsp warm water)
1 cup organic tahini, cashew butter, or almond butter
½ cup maple syrup
1 cup almond flour (sifted or super-fine)
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp ground ginger
½ tsp baking powder
1 package of Remedy Bites chopped into small chunks
1/2 cup cacao nibs
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In small bowl, whisk together the flax egg and allow to sit for ~5 minutes to gel.
3. In a large bowl add in the tahini or nut butter and maple syrup and stir until the mixture becomes smooth.
4. Sift in or use strainer to make the almond flour fine and soft. Add the oats, cinnamon, ginger, and baking powder. Use a spatula or wood spoon to stir until well combined.
2. Fold in the chopped Remedy Bites bars and stir again to combine.
Use a cookie scoop or large spoon to scoop the dough, then use your hands to roll into balls. Place balls on the baking sheet and press down with your palm to flatten slightly. Sprinkle cacao nibs on top and gently press in. Sprinkle with optional more chocolate chunks and bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned.
Allow cookies to cool for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Store leftover cookies in an airtight container for up to one week and freeze for long term storage.