Nothing makes you feel like the holidays like the smell of gingerbread cookies baking. These are even better with ginger, cinnamon and cardamon giving you immune building anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties in every bite. Why wait - for the holidays - every day can be a special day with these cookies!
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1/3 cup almond butter
1/4 cup molasses
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cardamon
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup almond flour (sifted)
1 1/2 cups oat flour (sifted)
vegan icing (coconut butter, powdered coconut sugar or allulose, and food coloring)
chopped or melted Crunchtime Bars or Remedy Bites Bars
coconut sugar (color it with food coloring and let dry overnight)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix the almond butter, molasses, lemon juice, coconut oil, vanilla and coconut sugar until smooth.
3. Sift the almond flour and oat flour into the bowl using a strainer or sifter. Add the ginger, cinnamon, cardamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt - mix everything together until they are well combined.
4. Cover a surface with parchment paper and tear another sheet of equal size. Place the dough on one sheet of parchment and use the second piece to cover it. Now use a rolling pin to roll out the dough between the two papers to about 1/4 inch thick. You can dust some oat flour over the dough and on the inside of the papers if it sticks too much to roll it out.
5. Cut the dough into shapes you like with a cookie cutter, knife or even a top of a glass. Be creative! Place the cut cookies on the cookie sheet using a spatula to lift them carefully.
6. Bake for 7-9 minutes or until they begin to get golden brown on the edges. The cookies will still be very soft so try not to move them much until they cool and harden.
7. When the cookies are fully cooled you are ready to decorate them. Be as creative as you like - or you can eat them just as they are. (An easy way to ice them is to put your frosting mix in a plastic baggie -cut off a small bit of one corner - and squeeze the bag to make designs on your cookies)
8. Serve with some wamed chocolate plant-milk (one cup plant milk of your choice and one melted Remedy Bites bar!)